This month marks the one year anniversary of The Recipe Roundup and Rebecca, our founder, if giving away one awesome cookbook to one lucky participant.
This month’s theme is “Sandwiches” and is hosted by my new friend Dorothy over at Field Stone Cottage. Get your best sandwich recipe ready to post and then link up on Thursday, April 17th with Dorothy!
Now, a few things you may not know about the love affair we Americans have with the sandwich:
- According to industry experts, the average American eats 193 sandwiches a year, the all-time favorite being ham.
- The average American student will have consumed approximately 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches upon graduation from high school.
- It is estimated that Americans eat 300 million sandwiches each day – that’s more than one for every man, woman and child in the nation!
- The Dagwood is named after Dagwood Bumstead, Blondieâ€™s husband from the popular comic strip called, â€œBlondie.â€
- Every game day, basketball superstar Shaquille O’Neal has a longstanding tradition: he eats three club sandwiches and a large Pepsi before suiting up.
- Approximately 2.19 billion Oscar Mayer Bologna sandwiches are eaten each year. That’s more than 6 million bologna sandwiches eaten daily and 69 sandwiches consumed every second, according to the Oscar Mayer company.
- Elvis’s favorite sandwich was peanut butter and banana.
Didn’t think I’d leave him out, didya? The only thing Americans love as much as sandwiches is Elvis. Wah-hunh.
Look on the bright side! Subscribe via RSS.
Technorati Tags: sandwich, recipe round up, Texas