Here’s another way of looking the situation:
- 1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the heck alone.
- 2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.
- 3. Don’t be irreplaceable. If you can’t be replaced, you can’t be promoted.
- 4. If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, just miss a couple of car payments.
- 5. If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.
- 6. If you lend someone $20 and you never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
- 7. Duct tape is like ‘The Force.’ It has a light side and a dark side, and holds the universe together.
- 8. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
- 9. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
- 10. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back into your pocket.
- 11. Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
- 12. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
- 13. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Look on the bright side! Subscribe via RSS.
Technorati Tags: thursday thirteen, Texas
AdelleApril 16, 2008 at 9:54 pm (15 years ago)
Wise words. Happy T13!
marciaApril 16, 2008 at 11:24 pm (15 years ago)
Goods ones i have finally learned #12
Random RamblingsApril 17, 2008 at 12:46 am (15 years ago)
Can’t help but laugh on the first one!
Hootin' AnniApril 17, 2008 at 4:23 am (15 years ago)
One and thirteen…what a hoot.
A big howdy from this Texan here, to you!!!
My 13 movie stills is shared for T-13 this week. Come by if you can.
[ps…a clever, CLEVER blog title.]
AngieApril 17, 2008 at 7:47 am (15 years ago)
I’ve read most of these before, but it’s been a while. Very funny!
MistyApril 17, 2008 at 9:17 am (15 years ago)
thanks for the laugh… I need to print it out and hand it to annoying people!
Denise PatrickApril 17, 2008 at 3:32 pm (15 years ago)
So, so cute – and true. Thanks for the laughs.
Elaine A.April 17, 2008 at 5:41 pm (15 years ago)
#5 and #8 crack me up – thanks for the laugh!
Denise PatrickApril 24, 2008 at 10:31 am (15 years ago)
Some very funny takes and some very wise words there. Thanks for the fun.
Random personApril 24, 2008 at 12:30 pm (15 years ago)
Ah yes, good ol’ number 12. I NEED to learn this!!
LisaApril 24, 2008 at 12:34 pm (15 years ago)
Keep those coming, they were hilarious…
Firefly momApril 30, 2008 at 11:37 pm (15 years ago)
Great TT! These are hilarious. Another favorite of mine is “Never raise your hands to your children. It leaves your midsection unprotected.”