1. AQUADEXTROUS (ak wa deksâ€™ trus)adj. Possessing the ability to turn the bathtub faucet on and off with your toes.
2. CARPERPETUATION (karâ€™ per pet u a shun) n. The act, when vacuuming, of running over a string or a piece of debris at least a dozen times, reaching over and picking it up, examining it, then putting it back down to give the vacuum one more chance.
3. DISCONFECT (dis kon fektâ€™) v. To sterilize the piece of candy you dropped on the floor by blowing on it, assuming this will somehow “remove” all the germs.
4. ELBONICS (el bonâ€™ iks) n. The actions of two people maneuvering for one armrest in a movie theater.
5. FRUST (frust) n. The small line of debris that refused to be swept onto the dust pan and keeps backing a person across the room until he finally decides to give up and sweep it under the rug.
6. LACTOMANGULATION (lakâ€™ to man gyu layâ€™ shun) n. Manhandling the “open here” spout on a milk container so badly that one has to resort to the “illegal” side.
7. PEPPIER (pehp ee ayâ€™) n. The waiter at a fancy restaurant whose sole purpose seems to be walking around asking diners if they want ground pepper.
8. PHONESIA (fo neeâ€™ zhuh) n. The affliction of dialing a phone number and forgetting whom you were calling just as they answer.
9. PUPKUS (pupâ€™ kus) n. The moist residue left on a window after a dog presses its nose to it.
10. TELECRASTINATION (tel e kras tin ayâ€™ shun) n. The act of
always letting the phone ring at least twice before you pick it up, even when youâ€™re only six inches away.
What are some words you use that you think should be included in the English language?
Look on the bright side! Subscribe via RSS.
Technorati Tags: humor, word play, Texas