Has this week just flown by at mock speed or is it just me? It’s already the middle of June and I haven’t accomplished one thing around my house that I said I was going to do – I’ve got sewing projects galore, scrapbooking items strewn from one end of my house to the other, a painting project for one of the kid’s rooms, I need to finish texturizing my hall and finish painting it as well. I’m thinking I might just continue to procrastinate on it until July – I work so much better under pressure. 🙂
A couple of things to let you know about – I’m all about the lists (have one right here on my desk with about 42 kajillion items on it!):
1. The winner of yesterday’s Mystery Photo was Stephanie from Adventures in Babywearing! Congrats, Steph! You get no prize with-a just-a one-a meat-aball. Er…what I meant to say was – there’s no prize for this, just my heartfelt thanks for playing along and a hefty congratulations for being the first to correctly guess the actual item! Oh, you mean you’d like to know what it was? It was a conveyor belt with bubble gum strips on it waiting to be cut and packaged. Dubble Bubble, to be exact.
2. On that note, I need some thoughts about Mystery photo Saturday…do y’all even LIKE it? Is it worth my time to try and find crazy mysterious things for you to guess? If you DO like it, do you like trying to figure out the pixelated versions better or would you rather have something like the bubblegum? I’m just curious, because, you know — the only reason I do it is because I care about you. And I have this overwhelming urge to entertain you and stretch your minds – and scientific studies have proven that 78.2% of people will stare at the photo for at least 2 minutes before giving up and moving on, thus increasing my stats for the week…oh not true…it’s because the this is really easiest thing for me to do on Saturdays. (keepin’ it real) SO TELL me what I should do – give me your opinions in the comments.
3. If you haven’t ever visited Lora and Vita Familiae, can I just tell you that you are missing out on an adorable family and shame on you? Lora is hosting a really fun series entitled “Met-My-Mate-Mondays” (how’s that for alliteration!) and it starts…well, Monday! Head on over to her blog to get the details…and I even got to design her little button! (you can grab the code over at her blog if you’re participating).
4. And am I the last person on the face of the earth to watch “Becoming Jane Austen”? Oh my GOODNESS…that was a good movie. My husband rented it last night for us to watch after the kids were in bed (with NO prompting from me, thank you very much – he just has excellent taste). Of course, when my son saw it, he wasn’t about to be left out because he couldn’t stand the idea of there being a movie in the house without him being included so he asked his dad…”What’s that movie, dad?” To which my husband replied, “Oh…it’s just a mush-movie that I got for me and mom to watch later” and my son, never one for being left out of anything stated, “Well, I want to watch the mush-movie too!” So we all piled on the couch and watched it. The kids fell asleep within the first 30 minutes, but I couldn’t take my eyes off the movie. So good. Highly recommend it if you haven’t watched it. Get from the Redbox – it’s only a $1 – what have you got to lose if you don’t like it?
5. I have not had time this week to read any blogs. My blog reader is now up to 571 and I’ve developed a slight twitch in my neck from the thought of having to go through that many entries. In case you didn’t know, I’m also running a design business and with SheSpeaks and Blogher coming up, I’ve been frantically making cards for some of the bloggers going. It’s been a blast, but has been a major time eater.
6. And finally…(for an itemized list, this IS rather long, huh?)My husband backed over a stray cat a few days ago that kinda/sorta lived around/under our house and I may or may not have been feeding it on occasion (but it IS a stray), but after he hit it, it dragged itself up under the side of our house before he could get out and catch it. Where it promptly died. Oh my STINKIN’ HECK. I know that’s not a very nice phrase, but have you ever smelled 3 day old dead bloated cat? In the summer? GAH! Thank goodness for Bath & Bodyworks candles, room sprays and wall-plug-ins. But they really aren’t getting rid of the death odor that has permeated our entire house. Can’t see the cat from the edge of the house, so I’m imagining he crawled waaay up under there. Nice huh? So give me your best home freshener ideas until he dries up – otherwise it’s going to be a looong summer, with no company.
P.S. Oh yes, the monthly giveaway? Don’t forget to enter that if you’ve not done so!
Look on the bright side! Subscribe via RSS.
FleaJune 15, 2008 at 8:27 pm (15 years ago)
Peeeee-ew! No help here. Lots of Febreze. And a small child to crawl under there wit ha respirator and heavy gloves and tongs.
I love photo Saturday. In fact, I’d typed in my response yesterday when my computer locked up. My 14 year old had guessed gum being made. 🙁
Elizabeth MatherJune 15, 2008 at 9:53 pm (15 years ago)
That sounds horrible about that cat- hope you can get it out somehow!
We also love the Saturday photos and we like either version of it. Thanks for doing it!
EmilyJune 15, 2008 at 11:02 pm (15 years ago)
🙁 i’m very sad about the cat. hard to know what else to say about that.
i like the pictures. both the pixelated and the other. whatever you call it. i’m not very good at either, but they are fun to guess at!
Megan (FriedOkra)June 16, 2008 at 5:42 am (15 years ago)
Well the poor little kitty. 🙁 What a way to die. Sniffle.
Elaine A.June 16, 2008 at 10:11 pm (15 years ago)
OH my stinkin’ heck is a bad phrase?? Well then, I am REALLY in trouble. Love the pun there too.
My MIL dropped off the Becoming Jane movie so we could watch it and now I can’t wait to!
Adventures In BabywearingJune 18, 2008 at 10:52 am (15 years ago)
Yay! Just winning is an honor… : )