1. While rowing across the river to work, I got lost in the fog.
2. Someone stole all my daffodils.
3. I had to go audition for American Idol.
4. My ex-husband stole my car so I couldn’t drive to work.
5. My route to work was shut down by a presidential motorcade.
6. I have transient amnesia and couldn’t remember my job.
7. I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.
8. The line was too long at Starbucks.
9. I was trying to get my gun back from the police.
10. I didn’t have money for gas because all of the pawnshops were closed.
11. I tried a new way in to work and it took me two hours.
12. I saw a bright shiny object.
13. I felt it was better to sleep at home rather than at the office
Look on the bright side! Subscribe via RSS.
allisonsays.comJune 26, 2008 at 8:03 am (15 years ago)
Haha! Great list. #5 actually happened to me once, on my way to a class, though! One of the main highways was shut down, without any warning, for the President and I had NO idea how to get anywhere without it!
Happy TT 🙂
Peter PlumJune 26, 2008 at 11:34 am (15 years ago)
Could #13 actually work?
Lora LynnJune 26, 2008 at 11:56 am (15 years ago)
My husband had #5 happen to him, too, only it was for the Queen of England when she came to the states. And because everyone was stopped on the side of the beltway for HRH, a cop noticed A’s expired license plate and gave him a ticket. He threatened to send it to Her Majesty and see if she’d pay it.
KaraJune 26, 2008 at 12:30 pm (15 years ago)
These are so funny. I really like 5, 11, and 13. Especially 5 since that’s made me late more than once. 🙂
LisaJune 26, 2008 at 12:47 pm (15 years ago)
Uhm…I have used #8. Oops.
twithhoneyJune 26, 2008 at 1:33 pm (15 years ago)
#5 has happened to me more than once. Let alone all the times I was late because of motorcades during primary season.
#7 happened to the CEO of a company I used to work for
And #13 should have happened for a guy that sits 2 offices away from me and snores way too loud to be sleeping at work. Three of us tried to wake him up before his boss came by and snapped a pictures using his cell phone.
AngieJune 26, 2008 at 1:35 pm (15 years ago)
Oh man — the gas excuse is so true! I filled up my minivan this week — $89.74!!!! I thought I might fall down on the ground and weep.
KelseyJune 26, 2008 at 3:06 pm (15 years ago)
Love #13 haha
Bobbi's Book NookJune 26, 2008 at 6:05 pm (15 years ago)
I can’t find my daffodils!
ancsweetnsassygalJune 27, 2008 at 12:48 pm (15 years ago)
This is a great list! As for #8, it’s not the line at Starbucks for me, it’s the drive-thru line at Micky D’s. I might have to use one of these on Monday. Happy Friday!