Do you think that modern pressures make for a harder or easier life for our kids? Was life more straight forward 30 years ago in terms of educational & professional life? Do modern comforts improve our kid’s lifestyles or make them more like slaves for the next best thing? I’m interested in your thoughts and would seriously like to encourage discussion in the comments below.

Photobucket

Look on the bright side! Subscribe via RSS.

Technorati Tags: , ,

6 Comments on Thursday Poll: Is Life Easier or Harder for our Kids?

1. Emily
    May 8, 2008 at 11:42 am (9 years ago)

i don’t even have any kids — am not sure if i’m allowed in this conversation…? 🙂 but i’ll say my little 0.02 in any case. i think kids have it harder, b/c these days moral standards are lower in general and pressures are higher. they have a lot of modern conveniences, but unfortunately a lot of people have lost their sense of common sense… just my thoughts. good topic, karen!

2. Rhea
    May 8, 2008 at 3:57 pm (9 years ago)

I do think kids have it harder right now…for lots of reasons. Some of those are because there are so many awesomely fun things to do inside (like video games and computer) that we didn’t have distracting us when we were young. We played outside nonstop. My kids play outside now too, but they have some darn fun things to play inside as well.

I think this world is a little harder right now…it seems so judgmental about everything.

Anyway, good question. And, I love your mommy calling cards. Very cute.

3. whetzel momma
    May 8, 2008 at 5:12 pm (9 years ago)

Easier if we are talking chores and things like that.
    HARDER if we are talking emotionally and expectations wise.

4. Mzzterry
    May 8, 2008 at 7:20 pm (9 years ago)

I think the moral decay of our society makes it much harder for kids today in most every situation they face. Peer pressure, expectations that are just beyond their capabilities, lack of good role models, lack of solid family support…..the list goes on and on.

5. Elaine A.
    May 9, 2008 at 7:31 am (9 years ago)

The first thing that comes to mind for me is the fact that we can’t even send them off to ride their bikes around the neighborhood like our parents used to be able to do with us. Not to mention that we are SO concerned with what Pre-K they even get into these days. I think it’s just too much pressure all around. Life was a lot simpler when we were kids… These are just a FEW of my thoughts, sorry they are so random!

6. Crazy Daisy
    May 9, 2008 at 9:12 am (9 years ago)

I have mixed feelings, thus my “not sure” vote. Really the above comments sum it up nicely. There are some things that are easier, however there are other things that are more difficult for children too.