Rambling post alert!
Reading this post may cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
1. We had our annual church Ladies party last night – it was so much fun! I didn’t remember my camera, but I know a certain friend who took lots of photos…including one of her in the bathtub! (fully clothed, but you should see this bathtub — it’s seriously delicious!) We had what I have always called a “Chinese Gift Exchange”, but others (in the interests of political correctness?) call it a White Elephant party. So for all of you Chinese folks that have ever heard me call it a “Chinese Gift Exchange”…please don’t be offended, I was, up until now, ignorant of the fact that I was being offensive. Instead, I’ll just call it a “Chinese White Elephant” gift exchange. Because I’m wierd like that.
2. AJ got SAVED Wednesday night! Yours truly was blessed to be able to walk him down the good old Romans Road at 9:52 pm and ask him all the important questions to make sure he understood. I wish I could say I had more to do with the whole process, but his daddy has been answering a lot of important theological questions that his 5 year old mind comes up with (such as…”if I get saved, will I get a new body?”)This is of UTMOST importance to him – because he really wants to be like Jesus and get a NEW body. Not that there’s anything wrong with his – it’s only 5 years old. I keep telling him to “wait until you are 38! Then you REALLY be ready for that new body!
3. We are so. far. behind. on our handmade Christmas items. Sigh. I really should have started about 3 years ago to complete all the things I want to do for this year. I’m thinking I’ll have a few nights where I don’t sleep much so I can get it all finished. I’m making a bundle of these criss-cross coasters from All-Sorts, a couple of these lovely offset pincushion wristlets from Planet June for my crafty friends, fridge magnets and pushpins from Creative Outlet Designs for some of our agents, the grocery bag dispenser from Dioramarama, patchwork pincushion from from BHG, mama backpack from happythings, and about 50 other delicious goodies I don’t have time to find the links for. That should do keep you busy for a while.
4. I am in the process of weeding out toys that the kids currently have in preparation for Christmas. Our church has a “Christmas store” coming up this Sunday, plus our Nursery is in dire need of some new playthings, so we are sorting through what is scattered all over the bedroom floors. There has been much wailing and gnashing of teeth thus far – too many items I never see played with are now “my FAVORite”. Note to self: next time schedule a playdate with daddy and do this without help. Sigh.
5. My mom gave us a beeeeautiful Haverty’s Mayfair leather rocking recliner for Christmas! My husband is almost beside himself at the thought of having something other than a glider rocker for those late night study sessions he is so fond of.
6. I think I am catching a little bit of the holiday happies. I am most thankful for Jesus, even though He wasn’t born at Christmas, and the origins of Christmas are pagan, I can still rejoice that we have a Savior who came down to save us and loved us enough to die for us. Mostly…I am thankful He is God and didn’t stay dead – that He’s sitting at the right hand of the Father today, and I am eagerly anticipating His return. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. That would be the second best Christmas present I could imagine.
Technorati Tags: Christmas Crafts, Chinese gift exchange, Texas